TOEFL100点以上を目指す社会人の方のための集中勉強会のご案内です。

一回の受講で、100点までの道のりが明確に見えるようになりますので、安心してその後の勉強を実施することができます。

TOEFL学習記録122

Usher Writing

Test 16

The reading passage presents three advantages of food irradiation. However, the professor states that these theories are unsubstantiated and provides her own compelling rebuttals.

The first advantage described by the reading passage is that irradiation kills 99% of pathogens. Conversely, the professor says this argument is illogical because the remaining 1 % of super-resistant pathogens may inflict significant detriments to our health.

The second advantage identified by the reading passage is that irradiation slows down the rate of food spoiling. On the contrary, the professor claims this contention is questionable because foods are irradiated prior to maturing, which may deteriorate the taste and quality of foods.

The Third advantage mentioned by the reading passage is that irradiation does not cause chemical or physical changes of foods. On the other hand, the professor maintains this assertion is unjustifiable because according to a study foods lose Vitamin C more quickly during the storage after the irradiation.

---------------------------------------------------
Test 17

The reading passage presents three disadvantages of iron fertilization. However, the professor states that these theories are unsubstantiated and provides his own compelling rebuttals.

The first disadvantage described by the reading passage is that the benefit of plankton’s absorbing carbon dioxide is not as great as expected previously However, the professor says this argument is illogical because the previous studies only monitored a short-term behaviors. If long-term studies are conducted, planktons can absorb significant amount of carbon dioxide. The professor quotes 1000 kg of iron is equivalent to saving 1000 trees.

The second disadvantage mentioned by the reading passage is that planktons may produce toxins. However, the professor says this contention is unjustifiable because we can stop the use of iron fertilization after the global warming is under control. Also, only some species of planktons are responsible for generating toxins.

The third disadvantage pointed out by the reading passage is that the iron fertilization will affect the ecosystem adversely. However, the professor says this assertion is questionable because the impact of the global warming on the eco-system is more significant than that of the iron fertilization itself. As the iron fertilization helps reduce the global warming, it is actually helping minimizing the impact on the ecosystem.


---------------------------------------------
これで全テスト17回終了。Integratedについては、これで完璧に自信がついた。

この韓流本の最後に、過去5年間のIntegratedとIndependentの問題がそれぞれ40個以上記載されている。ETSからクレームが来ないのだろうかと心配になるが、受験者にとっては貴重な情報である。Integratedの過去問は、Reading とListeningの3つの要点がまとめられている。ハングルなので翻訳が必要。
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
注意:上記の作文は私の長い勉強過程の一時期に書いたもので、使われているテンプレート、書き方などは現在使っているものと大きく違いますのでご注意ください。 勉強会でご紹介したものが現在のテンプレート、書き方です。

[タグ未指定]
[ 2012/12/31 10:44 ] TOEFL学習記録 | TB(-) | CM(0)
コメントの投稿












管理者にだけ表示を許可する
プロフィール

Andy

Author:Andy
プロフィール:

TOEIC 990点
英検1級合格二次試験100点(優秀賞)
TOEFL iBT 119点

名前:Andy
年齢:59歳
学歴:University of Missouri at Rolla 工学部原子力工学科卒業
職業:技術系の通訳を30年以上やっています。

仕事柄、欧米人と仕事をすることが多く、Andyというニックネームを使っています。
北陸の田舎に住んでいます。毎週、北陸新幹線にお世話になっています。
コシヒカリを食べて育った純粋な日本人です。アメリカ人、ハーフではありません。
韓国語、中国語は全くできません。

毎月TOEFLを受験しています。
ソラシティ、武蔵小杉、テンプル大学麻布校3階が好きな会場です。

最新トラックバック
カレンダー
09 | 2017/10 | 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 - - - -
FC2カウンター
アクセスランキング
[ジャンルランキング]
未設定
--位
アクセスランキングを見る>>

[サブジャンルランキング]
未設定
--位
アクセスランキングを見る>>
天気予報

-天気予報コム- -FC2-
ブロとも一覧